NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES
Covenant Academy is a State-Licensed proprietary school offering Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) classes. The Signature CNA Day classes are 2-weeks (Monday – Friday). Nursing Assistants work primarily in long term care facilities, however, hospitals and Home Care/Hospice also hire CNA’s. Becoming a CNA is a rewarding and honorable career. You are the “Heart” in the overall operations of any health care facility or home health care agency. We cover topics such as:
- Infection Control and Safety
- Body Mechanics
- Bed Making
- Personal Hygiene
- Vital Signs
- Interaction Skills
- Height and Weight
Begin your health care profession as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) by getting solid training at The Covenant by experienced instructors. Covenant holds a steady 99 % pass rate. YES, in a fast paced, yet focused accelerated course. You will have (3) core learning methods:
- Lecture / Videos (Due to Covid-19 some classes are on Zoom)
- Lab Practice
- Homework, Quizzes and sometimes CNA BINGO!
- Clinical at some of the best Long Term Care Facilities in Michigan (Must have Negative Covid-19 and TB test results to go to clinical)
When you have successfully completed the program, you will receive a certificate, making you eligible to take the State Exam administered by Headmaster. After passing the State Exam you can officially use the title: C.N.A. (Certified Nurse Assistant).
Our students emerge to the Clinical setting after 16 hours are mastered in the school lab. Skills are practiced on Ms. Marvella (the mannequin). After successfully completing 16 hours in the Lab; you are eligible to go to the clinical rotation. Clinical rotation is supervised by a State certified TTT (Train the Trainer) nurse instructor at the local Long Term Care Facility.
Are you interested in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)? If so, then you will need to start by making sure you meet the basic requirements for CNA licensing. These requirements can vary from state to state, but generally, the requirements for Covenant are as follows.
- Minimum age of 17.5 years old
- TB Test within the past 12 months or CXR past 2 years
- Criminal background check thru ICHAT** past 30 days
- COVID – 19 Negative Test Results past 72 hours
- Clear your schedule to be in class the full schedule
YOU MUST PRESENT ON FIRST DAY OF CLASS:
NEG COVID-19 TEST (within 72 hours of start date)
NO TEST – NO ADMITTANCE TO CLASSROOM
DO NOT COME TO CLASS WITHOUT RESULTS
Some misdemeanors/felonies can prohibit you from working in healthcare. Please visit: www.reentry.mplp.org or speak with our Administrator.
DEPOSIT NURSING ASSISTANT
$500 holds your seat; Balance due on or before 1st day of class.
- Registration packet
- Skills Study Guide
- Official School Patch
- Lab Fees
- Online access
- Prep Exams
- Book Bag
- Notebook, Pen, Highlighter
- Index cards
- White scrub Top with Black Scrub bottoms*
- Box of Gloves
- Criminal Background from IChAT-(past 60 days)
- TB test past 12 months or CXR past 2 years
- COVID -19 test (past 72 hours)
- State Exam: $125.00 – Payable to: Headmaster
** Scrubs are to be worn FIRST DAY OF CLASS and each day to class, with closed in shoes and footie or socks.
NO BOOTS, (Must bring shoes and change)
The school patch is placed on the right sleeve. Hair off the shoulders in a bun, NO LOOSE Ponytails. NO HOOP EARRINGS.
*NO LEGGINGS WILL BE ADMITTED TO CLASS! Must be an official WHITE SCRUB TOP AND BLACK SCRUB BOTTOMS.