NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES
Covenant Academy is a State-Licensed proprietary school offering Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) classes. The Signature CNA Day classes are 2-weeks (Monday – Friday). Nursing Assistants work primarily in long term care facilities, however, hospitals and Home Care/Hospice also hire CNA’s. Becoming a CNA is a rewarding and honorable career. You are the “Heart” in the overall operations of any health care facility or home health care agency. We cover topics such as:
- Infection Control and Safety
- Body Mechanics
- Bed Making, Personal Hygiene Assistance and Patient Care
- Vital Signs
- Interaction Skills
- Height and Weight
Begin your health care profession as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) by getting sound training at The Covenant by experienced instructors. YES, all in a fast paced, yet focused accelerated course. You will have (3) core learning methods:
- Lecture in a classroom setting (Due to Covid-19 some classes are on Zoom)
- Lab Practice at Covenant Academy
- Clinical experience at a local Long Term Care Facility (Must show Negative Covid-19 test results)
When you have successfully completed the program, you will receive a certificate, making you eligible to take the State Exam administered by Prometric. After passing the exam you officially can use the title: C.N.A. (Certified Nurse Assistant). Our students emerge to the Clinical setting after 16 hours are mastered in the Lab practicum. Skills are practiced on Ms. Marvella (the manikin). After successfully completing 16 hours in the Lab Practicum; they are eligible to go to the clinical rotation. Clinical rotation is done by a State certified Train the Trainer instructor at a local Long Term Care Facility. Are you interested in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)? If so, then you will need to start by making sure you meet the basic requirements for CNA licensing. These requirements can vary from state to state, but generally, the requirements are as follows. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum age of 17 years old
- TB Test within the past 12 months or CXR past 2 years
- Criminal background check thru ICHAT** past 60 days
- COVID – 19 Lab Test Results
Some misdemeanors/felonies can prohibit you from working in healthcare. Please visit: www.reentry.mplp.org or speak with our Administrator.
TUITION FOR NURSING ASSISTANT
Tuition: $375 holds your seat; Balance due on or before 1st day of class.
- Text Book & Study Guide
- Official School Patch
- Lab equipment and fees
- Clinical rotation
- All handouts
- Prep Exams
- Book Bag
- Notebook, Pen, Highlighter
- White scrub Top with Black Scrub bottoms*
- Criminal Background from IChAT-(past 90 days)
- TB test past 12 months of CXR past 2 years
- Covid-19 test
- State Exam: $125.00 – Payable to Prometric
** Scrubs are to be worn FIRST DAY OF CLASS and each day to class with closed in shoes and footsies or socks.
NO UGG BOOTS, (Must bring shoes and change)
The school patch is placed on the right sleeve. Hair off the shoulders in a bun, NO LOOSE Ponytails. NO HOOP EARRINGS.
*NO LEGGINGS WILL BE ADMITTED TO CLASS! Must be an official WHITE SCRUB TOP AND BLACK SCRUB BOTTOMS.